Join Us As A Service Instructor (SI)

Current UK Serving Personnel

If you are currently serving in one of the UK regular or reserve armed forces for any of the 3 services then you are eligible to join an Air Cadet Squadron to offer your support regardless of your role or rank.

The support you offer may be general administrative support to a local Squadron or you can use your trade or branch to enhance the Cadet experience. The addition of your support to an MOD sponsored Cadet Force can help in your annual appraisals.

You will need signed permission from your line manager and have a DBS certificate, which can be applied for through the Air Cadets.

If you are coming to the end of your regular or reserve service, you may be eligible to keep your rank upon an application to the RAF Air Cadets. This may also include the transfer of unused time towards long service awards.

To join as an SI please fill in the form below and a member of staff will get back to you for a chat.

Please include your:
Current posting location
Any previous Cadet service/experience


Cadet members of University Cadet Units are not eligible for service as SIs, instead they can either continue their service as an Air Cadet until age 20 or join as a Cadet Force Adult Volunteer upon their 20th birthday.